Friday, August 6, 2010

Just found internet!!!

Hi everyone!
Well, I'm SUPER excited right now because I just found a way to access my internet on campus. The internet is really slow and I will need to rely on my phone almost completely still but I CAN post once in awhile. :) Yay! Soo...my time here at camp so far has been...amazing, fun, beautiful, intense, sad, and maybe even a little bit frightening. I promise I usually don't get this emotional about camping but this music camp is really incredible in how much it forces me to lean into Jesus...which is exactly the kind of experience I desire to have.

The director has placed me as 1st chair in the chamber ensemble which is both a blessing and scary. As such, absolute perfection is not only demanded of me but expected. Anything else results in a large amount of yelling, dirty looks, and embarassment in front of the rest of the ensemble. It is definitely a good experience for me, as it causes me to push myself harder than I probably ever would have otherwise.

The kids here...oh my gosh there is no way to describe how precious they are! None of them are saved, therefore there is the unkind spirit that comes with the world, but my heart just longs for them to be set free in the arms of God. If for no other reason, I KNOW that is why I am here is so that I might be used in a life. If you think of it, please be praying that souls will be open to the gospel because I'm hoping to have the opportunity to share. If God DOES provide me with that opportunity, my heart's greatest desire is that I will not succumb to fear but be strengthened to taking advantage of the moment.

I am not going to lie! This isn't perhaps my chosen experience OR the most fun experience I have enjoyed. But it is a beautiful one! Last night I was reading Psalms 80 through 90 and my spirit was so blessed recalling how strong the Lord is and how much He is here with me. I remember His words to Moses, "Go and I will speak through you!" I know that is what He plans to do for me while here.

I love you and cannot begin to express how blessed I am to know each of you. Please know that I am uplifting you, my dearest friends in all the world, to a very strong and precious Savior. I am confident He will provide for your every need. Hugs all around!

By His Grace,
Your Hannah <><

No comments:

Post a Comment