Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Poem

Hi you guys!

Can you believe it's almost fall? noooo...! :pouty face: lol. I really don't want school to come but I was just thinking about how amazing it is because He has a HUGE adventure for us this next year. I know I've told you Jeremiah 29:11 a ton, but I was just pondering what it really says again this afternoon. God spoke to my heart! Please read these words:

I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. 12"When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. 13-14"When you come looking for me, you'll find me. "Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." God's Decree. "I'll turn things around for you."

Can you believe God actually says that? That is just SO gorgeous. I honestly cannot believe He cares THAT much about me and my life. I love that part, "God's decree: 'I'll turn things around for you.' I have seen Him do that for me over and over again and I am eternally grateful!

I wrote this poem and I thought I would post it because maybe it will encourage you. I hope so, anyway. This is sortof what God told me through this whole summer...and now I have reached the end...where beauty begins. I could never be happier, being sheltered in Jesus' open arms.

A Sunset Is A Sunrise
Hannah Hughes

Hazey sunbeams cloud the sky,
Where the birds earlier did fly,
But now it is still,
And the day ends with a chill!

The sun sets near me,
Calling out pain excrutiating
And I then must lift I my eyes to Thee,
My loving, all-knowing King!

A chapter of my life is done,
A dream is set aside,
I have nothing...I've come undone
And in me I question if You abide!

Oh, but You are not far from my cries,
And You come running
While even from the Sovereign eyes
Many tears are flowing!

As depression fills my empty heart,
Temptation to end the greatest gift
Cloud in and try to lift
Any remaining joyful part.

Yet, Your strong hand
Gently, carefully touches me,
As you lovingly reveal what's planned,
And gently give your command!

"I have pain for you, beautiful,"
You whisper in the wind,
"But don't worry, though you've sinned,
For I died to pay the debt in full."

"I died for your loved ones' pain,
I died to take away the stain,
Since I suffered death, I gave you life,
Do not end it in strife!"

Still, my eyes are lifted to the ever darkning-sky
And again I question "Why?"
I beg God to let me push every other door,
And with a hurt smile, He whispers, "Sure!"

So I search and I dig,
While confusion floods my head,
Why is there no answer...so beautiful and big?
Why do my tears continue to be shed?

Then, again, He does come,
Though He has been there all along
And all I can now do is towards Him move,
To weakly reach out to Jesus, God's Heavenly Song!

Without a single question, He cradles me in His arms!
Holding my head close, stroking my hair,
I now know He is the One who can shelter me from all alarms!
He is the one who will give me joy to share!

Still, the sun continues to slowly set,
And I know this world is one to which I must bid farewell!
All my hurting needs are met,
And finally all is well!

Oh, then how the sky breaks forth in glorious sun!
Drying my clothes that were soaked with the rain of grief,
And puzzling, I look to the Son,
Wondering at this beautiful relief!

Oh the kindness of that face,
That gently wipes away disgrace,
And smiles, "My little daughter, searching all that time!
While I was always waiting to be Your morning sublime!"

"I make all things new!
I heal all things beautifully!
See now your scars,
That are left forever on your heart!"

"They are beautiful with my love,
I have branded them there that no one might forget,
What my grace has brought you through,
And that now you might enjoy rest!

For, each time there is a sunset below,
There is a sunrise above!
They are one and the same,
According to which shore you walk: hate or love!"

Now, hand in hand, we walk on together.
And the peace and joy we know is forever!
Oh the sunsets are still there, but as God's hope arises,
The sunsets are now glorious sunrises!

I love you all!
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment